Try these Thunks* with young people of any age and see what happens:
- If you have any empty box, does the air go upside down when you turn it upside down?
- If you have a box full of water, does the water go upside down when you turn it upside down?
- If you have a box that is totally dark inside, does the darkness go upside down when you turn it upside down?
- If you have a mirror inside a totally dark box, does the mirror still work?
- If you put a lit candle in front of the mirror, do you end up with twice as much light?
- If the box is black on the outside and red on the sealed inside, what colour is the box?
- If you turn that box inside out, is it the same box?
Remember, it’s not about right or wrong, it’s about getting children to think more deeply about what is all around them.
Enjoy! And let us know how you get on.